You could be planning to get a queen mattress, and you have a Prius. So, you are wondering if you can fit a queen mattress in a Prius, considering its cargo space and the mattress size.
If you want to involve the service of a delivery agent, that would be an extra expense which might not be necessary since your car is available. So, it does not matter if your car space is big enough; you can apply some skills to fit your queen mattress in a Prius.
It will require a few adjustments and probably forfeiting your back seat. Also, you should not expect to be comfortable this time because you must push the driver’s seat forward to create more space for your mattress. However, you can fit your queen mattress in a Prius car.
We will bring you tips and ways you can use to fit your mattress in a Prius.
What you need to know about a Queen mattress size and Prius
Toyota Prius 2021, which seems to have the largest cargo space, comes with a standard 27.4ft3 and about 50.7ft3 after folding the back seats to create more space.
If you have a queen-size bed, you may wonder if a queen mattress can fit in a Prius.
Here is the main thing you should know about queen mattress before planning to carry it with your Prius:
- Queen mattresses are typically 60 inches wide by 80 inches long. That means they are about 5 feet wide and 6.6 feet long.
Toyota Prius’s cargo space is about 5 feet wide and 5.5 feet long, making the length slightly shorter than a queen mattress. Not to worry, you can adjust the second-row seat.
- Can You Put 2 Mattresses on Top of Each Other?
- Can a Ford Escape fit a Queen Mattress?
- Can you put two queen beds together?
Can you fit a queen mattress in a Prius?
You can fit a queen mattress in a Prius by folding the back seats and adjusting the driver’s seat forward to create more space. Then, you can pass it through the backend of the car and push it slowly pass the folded back seat to touch the front seat.
A queen-sized bed takes up too much space and can be challenging to fit into a small car’s back. But, if you get the measurements correctly and be skilled at adjusting a few things in your vehicle, you can move it.
After folding a queen mattress in its half, it becomes less spacious and easy to fit in a Prius.
How To fit a queen mattress in a Prius
Here are a few tips for fitting a queen mattress in a Prius:
1. Empty the Prius cargo space
2. Fold down the two back seats and adjust the driver’s seat a bit forward
3. Fold your queen mattress in its half to reduce the width
4. Carefully place the mattress in the trunk area.
5. Push it slowly until it touches the driver’s seat
6. Use straps or rope to secure the mattress in place.
7. Make sure the mattress is level and secure before driving.
You can easily fit a queen mattress in a Prius with little effort. Just be sure to take extra care when securing the mattress in place.
- 8 Reasons You Should Not Stack Memory Foam Mattress
- Can You Use a Mattress Topper on Top of A Memory Foam Mattress?
- What Mattress Topper Do Chiropractors Recommend? [Top 13]
If unsure, you can measure the space in your car and compare it to the dimensions of a queen-size mattress to know what to do.
It might not be so easy to fit a queen-sized mattress in a Prius. However, with some careful maneuvering, you can do it. Ensure to attach your ropes and straps securely before driving, and take it slow on the back roads to avoid damage.
Alternatives To transport a queen-size mattress.
You can transport a queen-size mattress in the back of a pickup truck. It is important to ensure that the mattress is secured, so it does not move around during transport.
Here are a few alternatives when planning to move a queen-size mattress:
- A U-Haul
- Rent a truck
- Call a moving company.
If you choose to use a U-Haul, ensure you have the right truck size.
If you rent a truck, ensure you get one that is big enough for the mattress and has tie-downs to secure it.
If you call a moving company, make sure they have experience transporting mattresses.
Tips for Safe Driving with a Mattress on Your Car
1. It is important to test the mattress on your car before taking it out, ensuring that it fits and does not cause any damage.
2. You should also tie it down securely, so it does not move around while driving.
3. When transporting a mattress in your car, it is important to drive at a slower speed. This will help keep you and other drivers safe while on the road. Additionally, be sure to use caution when making turns and changing lanes.
4. When driving with a mattress on your car, the safest option is to take back roads instead of highways. This will add time to your trip, but it’s better than getting pulled over and risking a ticket or damaging your car.
5. When traveling on a less populated road, your mattress is much more likely to stay in place and not cause any accidents. If you are driving on a heavily populated road, it is best to fold your mattress in thirds and secure it with bungee cords or rope.
6. When you drive with a mattress in your car, it is important to check the mattress regularly. If the mattress becomes loose, it could fly off while you’re driving and cause a serious accident.
Can a queen-size mattress fit in a ford F150?
The Ford Escape can hold a full-size mattress but will be a very tight fit. The queen-size mattress will take up the entire backseat, and there will be little to no space for anything else.
Can a queen mattress fit in a Highlander?
If you are looking for an SUV that can accommodate a queen-sized mattress without any overhang, the Toyota Highlander, Buick Enclave, Ford Expedition, and Ford Explorer are your best options.
Will a queen mattress fit in a Subaru Forester?
Queen mattresses are generally quite large and would not fit in a Subaru Forester. However, there is a mattress size that is 78x38x4½” that would fit in the Forester.
Can you fit a mattress in a Rav4?
The Toyota Rav4 is a compact SUV with room to transport a full-size mattress. The seats need to be moved forward or folded up at the edges for the mattress to fit in the back of the car without issue.
Does a queen mattress fit in a pickup truck?
A queen-size mattress should fit in most standard pickups, but you may need an SUV for a full-size mattress. However, It depends on the make and model of your pickup truck.
Can a queen-size mattress fit in a minivan?
A queen-size mattress will fit in the back of most minivans. However, it is important to measure your van beforehand to ensure you have enough space for other things like groceries, luggage, and children’s car seats.
A queen-size mattress is much too large to fit in the trunk of a car but might be able to fit in the backseat. The only way to know for sure is to try it out.