There is nothing wrong with using a mattress topper on memory foam. However, you must confirm the size, thickness, and material to see if it will fit your memory foam properly.
A mattress topper is a thin layer of material that you can place on top of your mattress to change its firmness or temperature.
A memory foam mattress topper will conform to the shape of the memory foam mattress.
The top layer of a memory foam mattress can be too soft over time, and a mattress topper can help provide the firm and thick surface you need.
This article provides what you need to know about Mattress Topper on Top of A Memory Foam Mattress.
Can You Use a Mattress Topper on Top of A Memory Foam Mattress?
With a mattress topper, there is increased comfort and the ability to relieve pressure points and body aches. Additionally, it will help regulate your sleep temperature and allow for better ventilation.
It is also important to note that a mattress topper does not fix a worn and torn old mattress – if your current bed needs replacement, adding a new layer on top will not do the trick.
- Can You Put 2 Mattresses on Top of Each Other?
- 8 Reasons You Should Not Stack Memory Foam Mattress
- Can you put two queen beds together?
A mattress topper is an extra cushioning layer designed to increase comfort. It is typically made from foam, down, or synthetic materials.
Mattress toppers temporarily cover the signs of wear and tear, adjust the level of firmness, and delay the need to replace your mattress.
Pros and Cons of Putting a Mattress Topper on Top of a Memory Foam Mattress
The pros and cons of Putting a Mattress Topper on Top of a Memory Foam Mattress:
- A thin mattress topper will conform to the lumps and indentations of the memory foam mattress, but a thicker one should be avoided.
- Mattress toppers relieve pressure points and body aches, emitting unpleasant smells when new. Toppers can make you hot or sweaty, depending on the topper used.
- If you put a mattress topper on top of a memory foam mattress, you will need a protector as they prevent liquids and body oils from being absorbed into the pad or topping.
- Mattress protectors are effective in decreasing sweating and increasing ventilation. Mattress toppers have disadvantages, such as being hot to the touch and emitting a foul odor; however, they are very effective at retaining body heat and preventing it from reaching the mattress.
Find Out: Why Does My Mattress Smell So Bad?
Mattress Toppers for Memory Foam Mattresses
Different types of mattresses require different types of toppers. For example, if you have a memory foam mattress, you might want a memory foam mattress topper to work correctly.
Here are some mattress toppers to consider for your memory foam:
- Gel Infused Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- TEMPUR-Topper Supreme
- PlushBeds Memory Foam Topper
- Brooklyn bedding memory foam topper 4 pcf
When choosing a mattress topper, it’s important to read the instructions that come with it to know how to use it properly.
Can You Put a Mattress Topper On a Memory Foam Mattress?
It is possible to put a mattress topper on a memory foam mattress to make it warmer. A mattress topper can add some extra cushioning and insulation, which may cause the bed more comfortable for you.
Can a Mattress Topper Make a Memory Foam Mattress Last Longer?
A mattress topper can protect your memory foam mattress and add years of life to it. However, you should keep a few things in mind before purchasing one.
- First, not all mattresses need a topper. If your mattress is less than two years old or in good condition, you may not need one.
- Second, adding a topper will change the firmness and feel of the mattress, so make sure you’re okay with that before buying one.
- Third, consider how your dominant sleeping position, body weight, and sleep habits will affect the topper’s length. Finally, always buy a quality product from a reputable seller.
Should you Flip Both Your Mattress Topper and Your Memory Foam Mattress?
Flipping your memory foam mattress and topper every few months is a great way to keep them. However, it would help if you did not stack multiple toppers together for added support.
Memory foam mattresses should be rotated by 180 degrees every six months, while toppers may help alter the firmness and feel.